Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Boldness

"Hey Folks, Please stand up for Miss. California. She made a pretty bold stand!" if you do not know what she did let me give you an expert of the pageant;

Miss California Carrie Prejean was neck-in-neck with winner Miss North Carolina, Kristen Dalton, going into the interview portion of Sunday's Miss USA competition. After the evening and swimsuit section, the two top beauty queens had only .36 separating them.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

She later said, 'By having to answer that question in front of a national audience, God was testing my character and faith. I'm glad I stayed true to myself,' she told Fox News today.

Runner-up: Miss California was booed when she said marriage should only be between a man and woman
And she's had an outpouring of support, she added. 'Lots of phone calls. I've gotten over 500 facebook friend requests, hundreds of messages from people I don’t know, saying how proud of me they are that I stood my ground.
'That made me the real winner of the night.'
Of Hilton, she said: 'I knew he was controversial, and so was the question.
'Out of all the topics I studied up on, I dreaded that one, I prayed I would not be asked about gay marriage. If I had any other question, I know I would have won.'
However she added: 'I have no regrets about answering honestly. He asked me for my opinion and I gave it to him. I have nothing against gay people, and I didn't mean to offend anyone in my answer.'


If we as Christians were that bold about what we believe in and not compromising the Word of God, how we could turn this world upside right. As she said she was the winner in God's eyes and my prayer is that we would be encouraged to do the same when we are put to the test.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I applaud Miss California, it takes guts to answer like that in front of an openly gay man and in the face of secular America. She is bold, and she has faith. I agree there is definitely a lot we can learn from that. And as Christians, as Christ followers, that's what we have to do, we need to come out of hiding and be bold, we are the alternative and we have the truth.