Monday, October 12, 2009

What does God want with me

This was wrote in Feb. 2007, and I thought that it could be a good reminder to us all about God's will.

Where do I start? Knowing, no, Finding God's Will can be one of the hardest things to seek. I first thought that it was easy, but recently I have found that it is not. Let me Explain, As most people know, God has called me to the Youth Ministry several years ago. I have been applying for about a year now. And recently there was this one Church that Sherry and Me thought God was calling me. I have prayed for a small youth group, full Time job, and close to home, this Church was all three things. So we went for the interview and thought that it went well. We started to pray about it and after awhile, we came to the same conclusion,that this is where God was going to call us. Then the not so good news, I received an email last Thursday, stating that they were going in a different direction, and I must admit I was devestated. Now you may wonder why i was devestated? I thought this was it, I thought God's Will had sent me to this Church, now I am not mad at God or upset with Him but I was confused.

Now the Winter retreat came up and again I was not really up to it, but I went. Now their was some good times and also some not so good, but I must admit, there was several hours on Saturday night that really made my night. Well now it is Sunday and I was still confused and I prayed to God to reveal Himself to me, and He did in a wonderful way.He led me to several verses and I would like to share a few of them.

God led me to Hebrews 10:35-36, bascially God showed me that this was a journey(Endurance) that I am on and that I should keep up my confidence. Wow, that was great to hear and that would have been enough but God was not done. He then led me to Phil. 4:6 and it says to not worry and make my request known, then he led me to I John 5:14, which I got out of that was again confidence and asking anything according to His Will He will hear me, then finally Matthew 21:22, which I learned that what I ask in Prayer, believe and I shall receive. A old Student of mine, shared with me the other night that sometimes God does not give us what we want right away, because God wants us to get closer with Him. I really believe that.

I write all these to say this, God's will may not be so clear when we want it to be, but we are on a journey and God will answer our prayers when He is ready and not us. Never give up and remember all He wants is for us to have a Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to share that with a dying world.

No comments: