Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Poem To Touch your life....(Sent in by Kaytee B)

Safe at Last

Im so afraid
Afraid that people might see
Who I really am.
I try to hide it:
Outside im calm cool collected.
But inside im clumbling
Into a million pieces.
I cant hide it forever;
Sometimes the mask slips off
And im exposed and vulnerable.
I feel so naked
And everyone is looking at me.
They can see right through me.
But I put my mask back on
And im safe behind it.
Nothing can happen to me there.
Safe.
But the fear comes back again just like it always does.
Then im crying out again,
Crying for help inside.
The mask comes off again.
Thats when I feel Him
Holding my hand.
The voice says, "Do not fear my child,
For I love you exactly as you are
And I will always be with you."
Suddenly a peace comes over me
Because I know he loves me
Just the way I am.

written by Bethany Schwartz

No comments: