Monday, June 29, 2009

Transformers (the movie)

The only transforming is what Romans 12:2 says.


As most of you know, this past Saturday, my son Zack and I went to go see the movie. And I put a status up that said it was better then the first one except for all the language. Well i have had time to reflect on the movie and I would like to give you a better explantion of this movie.

First, i would NOT recomend this movie to anyone under the age of 10. I also urge parents to even considering any one of thier kids to see this movie. Why do I say that?

Answer to that is simple, in Philippinas 4:8 tells us to fix our thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure (this being the key). Even though the action was WAY better then the first with WAY more transformers in the movie, there were plenty of times that the movie was looking for more then action. I thought that there was way more cursing then was needed and even though they did not use the Lord's name in vain nor the "f" word, there were at least a dozen times that the "a" and the "s' words were used. You may say so what, what i would like to say that it means everything to a follower of Christ. Enough of that we can talk about that in another conversation.

Second, The way that they use women in this movie was very degrading (Thanks Lydia for pointing this out to me), they were used as sex objects and even though there were no "sex" scenes in it, for what was seen, there might as well been. if you think that I am to extreme, just remember the verse that i started with. The old saying is junk in junk out and is that what we want to teach our kids, let alone us.

I must admit, watching this movie I was caught up in the movie and I looked past all that was wrong and for that I must admit to my Lord and Saviour that was sin. I think as adults we as well do that as well and what is that teaching our kids. We wonder why America is falling a part. We have forgotten to worship God

Ephesians 5:1 tells us to Imitate God, therefore in everything [we] do, because [we] are His children (Christians). The word imitiate means to mimic and i really find that we do that and that is our fault. i am so glad that he gives us not second chances but many chances to "get it right".

Just to let you know that tonight I will go home and talk to Zack about this movie and why we do what we do and pray that we can make better choices in the future.

If you think that I am making to much out of this, please come talk to me.
Jesus says in Mark 8:34 "if any of you want to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross and follow Me".

Do you understand what that means? Back in the day when you took up your cross, you were walking to your death, and Jesus is telling us you will have to walk to your own death (yourself and all your old habits)
God Bless all those who read this and take to heart.

Go MAD!!!
(Make a Difference)

3 comments:

Justin Hanneken said...

I really had a problem with all of the religious themes in the movie. For example, the one guy that called the scene of the final battle "a God forsaken place" was the same character who said "if God created us in His image, who created Him?" Hollywood is such a joke. The language in the 2 twin autobots was supposed to be funny, like with all their cursing, they were supposed to put some gangster spin on the movie or whatever, and I think they were supposed to be funny but when I saw the movie, no one in the theater laughed at them - no one. Another part that really bothered me was how they kept talking over and over again about resurrection. They used plenty of words that described Jesus and His life and it was just ridiculous. I'm with you here George, I saw the movie with a former student, because I believed the hype and got sucked in by the previews, I too wish I would not have gone to see it.

Sean Densberger said...

its hollywood...... you'd be hard pressed to find a "clean" movie

idk said...

i saw it and it was racist too the one transformer had a gold tooth my cuzin said and it was making fun of african americans she said there was many more which i did not notice till she told me and i think they could have made it way better with out all of this stuff and i agree with sean for once it is pretty hard to find a good clean movie i am just like wow cause my mom let my brother see it after the movie she told me i was right and nick should not have seen it

i also wanted to tell ya things r good in ohio i got to drive a golf cart today

c ya in augest jorge