Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Subaru (money well spent)

Yesterday, Sept. 8th we just picked up our car from Glen Burnie Transmissions, because obviously we needed a new transmission and it cost over $3600.00. Wow, that is so much that it was hard to type. And now next week it goes in the shop to have a head gasket re-placed another 1400. So after all said and done with the 3000.00 we just put into it last month, we will have spent over 8000.00, you might say "why didn't you just a get a new care?" I bought this car in 2001 and I drove it myself (before my wife and I switched) for 6 years, it was my second new car that I ever have owned, so it meant dearly to me (sentimental value), but I have to tell you, it did cross my mind, but we have not had any problems with this car for the first 105,000miles so we decided against it because i knew that we could still count on it. Why do I tell you this story?

Because in today's society, when something does not go the way we want it or we have to put to much time (in this case money)into it we just want to give up. And I look at the life of Jesus and what He had to go through for us. What He had to give up, we all know that if we were Jesus, we would have given up on us. Our lives will not always go the way we want and we will have to invest in ourselves for God's glory. What do I mean? You can not just do it your way, when we do wrong we have to pay the price and it may cost us dearly but if we are true followers of Christ it won't matter how much it takes or the cost because we love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and we will do whatever it takes to keep that relationship together.

So my prayer to you is when things are not looking like the way that you want it to be or if you have to make a decision that may cost you (like a friendship or a habit) look towards Jesus for that strength and guidance.

No comments: