Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Unknown

Well, I have not posted a blog in a while so I decided to write a little something about an a stupid thing that i did on our HSMT.
The day was Monday July 27th we had just finished our first full day of surf and sand. That morning our quite time had us talking about what can we share with people in need. Not knowing and I am sure that even today the students would not think that our devotion would come into play.
There was a storm that day that really flooded the streets and parking lots (see pics of it on FB). We were headed out to PNO (Parents Night Out) over at the west campus of OC Baptist. I am going to write down some of what I wrote in my journel:

" Dummy me wanted to be funny. it started out as just driving in circles at a Wendy's parking lot that was a good amount of water on it. That part was not bad, but it did lead me to do the following.

As we were driving to the church, there was part of a parking lot that we had to go through that was partially flooded. Instead of being cautious (becasue the Wendy's parking lot was not that bad) I decided to be stupid and ride through it without slowing down. In the process the molding of the front bumper came (broke) off (thank God allowed that to be the only thing, it could have been a whole lot worse). There are many things that are wrong here,point 1: one of them is that a church member entrusted me with their van to use and to take care of. ( I have spoken to this church member and she said that we could use it again) Thank you God for allowing her to have a Spirit of mercy and forgiveness.

I must admit that this was my worst moment of my time at FBC Edgewater. I am not sure what i was thinking but it was not the right thing to do. now this is where our devotion came into play. I was that person that was in that time of need (comfort) and some of my students did exactly that, they gave me comfort in many forms, i won't mention names but you should know who you are. Point 2: God uses all circimstances in our lives and I really beleive that this devotional was going to be used and it was and I think after the students read this from Edgewater that went on it and reflect that day's events that they will see this too.

Point 3: and this is one of many things God taught me that day, when looking at future situations (flooded parking lot) we just can't go through them fast without looking at all of our options, because going through them without looking at Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2) we are just playing with danger and it will cost us something.

So what is it going to cost me:
- The cost to fix the van- Everyone we must realize even though the church member forgave me for my mistake and Jesus forgives us when we ask, we must still have to pay for our wrong.

I want all to know that i have asked for forgiveness with the church member and to God and that next morning I apoligzed to my students for what i did. There are many more anaolgy's that came out of this but this was the first one that God showed me.

No comments: